If you’re given the all-clear for the lesson to go ahead, please consider the following:
• Wear clothing that covers as much of your body as possible, including your arms and legs. You should also wrap up warm during cold spells, as the windows will most likely be open during the lesson to improve ventilation.
• Wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds, immediately, prior to leaving your home for your lesson.
• Wear disposable gloves if you wish to – but only put them on, immediately after washing your hands, and prior to making your way to the lesson. This measure avoids contaminating your clean hands, as you make your way to the vehicle.
• We shall Meet and Greet (avoiding physical contact) by the car itself, and not by your front door.
• Expect that we shall chat, prior (weather permitting) to entering the vehicle. This is an opportunity, for us to confirm, that all parties concerned, are happy to proceed with the lesson, that symptoms related to COVID-19 are absent, and that the lesson can proceed as planned.
• Expect that we shall have this chat at the beginning of each and every lesson. If either party is not 100% happy, we will cancel the lesson on the spot.
The usual cancellation notice period in these unprecedented circumstances have been relaxed until further notice.
• New clients will be asked to hold up their provisional driving licences so that we can check it electronically there and then.
• key surfaces (Disinfection Touch Points), inside, and outside the car, will have been cleaned. These include: Internal and external door handles • windows/mirror controls • seat/head restraints • seatbelt and its connection • gear lever • steering wheel • indicator and wiper stalks • car keys • training resources.
To reduce risk during the lesson, we will:
• Hold up any visual aids or training resources, instead of passing them between the two of us.
• We shall ensure, that neither of us, face each other directly, when talking about scenarios; remaining face forward is the safest option when a 2 metre gap between two people cannot be adhered to.
• We shall Make sure, that no devices, are shared (such as pens or payment device with the one another), giving any brief notes digitally via text or email where possible.
• Wipe downs of the controls will be compulsory if and when a practical demonstration is undertaken.
• We would kindly ask, that you make any payments electronically, and not in cash, where possible.
So what about personal protective equipment?
Please bring the following PPE, to each and every lesson. Face covering/mask, disposable Nitrile (powder free) gloves, along with your own hand sanitiser gel (kills 99.9%, viruses and bacteria).
We will (Where deemed appropriate), wear a face covering, during the lesson for our safety and peace of mind. We would also ask you, to bring a face covering/mask, especially when we are discussing learning opportunities in detail and are in no position to exit the vehicle, for reasons beyond our control.
What you should do after your driving lesson
As you depart, shaking hands won’t be an option. once you’re back home, do wash your hands as soon as possible. You may also wish to wash the clothes you wore during your lesson immediately.
That all sounds pretty strict, right?
Yes, but remember – these restrictions are there to keep us safe from harm. They won’t be in place forever.
Also, do bear in mind, that lessons resuming is subject to change depending on the latest government advice.
Skill4life Driver Training will keep you informed of exact start times plus keep you updated any other important changes as and when we hear about them.
See you all very soon.
Skill4life Driver Training
The illustration, provides a checklist for all the key areas (inside the vehicle), and touch points within the car, which will be cleaned, prior to lesson commencement. It is advised, that once you are inside the vehicle, that you also take time, to disinfect areas, that you feel, you will make contact with, during the course of the lesson.
Exterior Touch Points:
- Door Handles /Door Frames
- Bonnet Lid Edge
Interior Touch Points:
- Interior Mirror
- Door Handles
- Window Switches
- Door Pockets
- Grab Handles
- Seatbelts & Clips
- Steering Wheel & Control Stalks
- Bonnet Release Handle
- Air Vents
- Centre Display
- Heating Controls
- Buttons & Switches
- Gear Lever
- Cup Holders